Eye drops are used in various eye problems, the main aim of is to provide moisture to eyes. In allergy mostly people use drops, sometimes they correct their problem but in some case, it gets worth than before.
So keep in mind, be aware of benefits and side effects.
Best Allergy Eye Drops
Anti-inflammatory allergy is only approved ketorolac for the treatment of itchiness in eyes.
There are two groups:-
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
The way body feel itchiness within an hour.
Antihistamine Allergy Eye Drops
Most doctors recommend antihistamine allergy drop of eyes allergy, it can provide relief from itching.
Tearing in eyes can give relief within few hours & can use several time a day.
This blocks the histamine it is chemical which is made by the immune system to overcome allergies in the human body.
Decongestant allergy drops do not recommend by Doctors to treats allergies and itching.
People did not get this eye drops without a Doctor’s prescription.
It quickly removes redness in the eyes.
The narrow blood vessel relives the red and blood spots shows in the eyes.
Three types of decongestant:-
- Naphazoline HCL [Clear Eyes]
- Phenylephrine HCL [Refresh]
- Tetrahydrozoline HCL and oxymetazoline HCL [Visine]
If someone has Glaucoma, do not use.
Mast Cell Stabilizer Allergy
Mast cell stabilizer allergy eye drops are a new type of eye drops.
Ketotifen fumarate (Refresh Eye Itchiness) are included in mast cell stabilizers.
Mast cell stabilizer eye drops have included:
- Nedocromil sodium
- Pemirolast potassium
- Widened pupils
- Blurred vision
- Stinging/redness in the eye
In serious side effects-
- People can feel something in his eye.
- Muscle awkwardness
- heartbeat become fast and change in mood.
- Eye pain
- Vision changes (seeing rainbows)
- stickiness in the eyelashes
- Increased sensitivity to light or photophobia
In some case allergic become serious, there are some symptoms of serious allergic reaction:-
- Swelling around the eyes
- Breathing problems
- Do not use eye drops without Doctor prescription.
- In long term it affects your vision.
- Check the expiry of eye drop packet.
- If anyone has any kind of eye disease in past.
- It destroy eyes completely.
- Close eye for few minutes after using.